Hydrogen production by steam reforming of methane over mixed Ni/MgAl þ CrFe3O4 catalysts
- Hydrogen production by steam reforming of methane over mixed Ni/MgAl þ CrFe3O4 catalysts
- 김나영; 양은혁; 임성수; 정재선; 이재석; 홍기훈; 노영수; 이관영; 문동주
- Steam reforming; WGS reaction; Hydrogen production; Physically mixed catalyst
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 40, NO 35, 11848-11854
- Steam reforming of methane (SRM) was performed over a mixed Ni/MgAl + CrFe3O4 catalyst. The catalyst was prepared by physical mixing method and it was compared to Nil MgAl and iron or chromium promoted WNi/MgAl catalysts prepared by impregnation method. Catalysts were characterized by various analytical techniques such as nitrogen physisorption, TPR, XRD, TGA and SEM. The catalytic activity in a fixed-bed reactor was investigated at a temperature range of 500-700 degrees C, 1 bar pressure and feed molar ratio of H2O/CH4 = 2. TPR and XRD illustrated that segregated Ni particles were observed with promoted M-Ni/MgAl catalysts and it leads to reduce the active Ni metal. The addition of the Cr/Fe3O4 catalyst activates steam and easily reacts with methane. Consequently, physically mixed catalysts showed higher hydrogen selectivity and methane conversion than the other catalysts.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.