Interfacial Engineering of CdO?CdSe 3D Microarchitectures with in situ Photopolymerized PEDOT for an Enhanced Photovoltaic Performance
- Interfacial Engineering of CdO?CdSe 3D Microarchitectures with in situ Photopolymerized PEDOT for an Enhanced Photovoltaic Performance
- Iseul Lim; Dipak V. Shinde; Supriya A. Patil; Do Young Ahn; Wonjoo Lee; Nabeen K. Shrestha; 이중기; Sung-Hwan Han
- Interfacial Engineering; CdO?CdSe; 3D Microarchitectures; in situ
- Issue Date
- Photochemistry and photobiology
- VOL 91, 780-785
- In the present work, porous 3D CdO-microstructured electrode obtained by pyrolysis of 3D CdCO3 microstructures is self-sensitized with CdSe using an ion exchange reaction. After sensitization, an interfacial treatment of the CdO–CdSe interface is performed by depositing a thin film of PEDOT using a photoinduce polymerization route. The microstructured electrode before and after interfacial treatment is characterized using field-emission scanning microscope, energy dispersive X-ray analyzer, contact angle measurement, UV–Visible absorption spectrophotometer and X-ray photoelectron spectrometer. After constructing a liquid junction solar cell with a Pt counter electrode, the photovoltaic performance and interfacial charge transfer kinetics across the CdO–CdSe interface before and after PEDOT treatment are investigated. The results exhibit an improved interfacial charge-transfer resistance after the PEDOT treatment, which leads to enhance the short-circuit current by 15.81% and the power conversion efficiency by 19.82%.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.