A high-capacity Li[Ni0.8Co0.06Mn0.14]O2 positive electrode with a dual concentration gradient for next-generation lithium-ion batteries
- A high-capacity Li[Ni0.8Co0.06Mn0.14]O2 positive electrode with a dual concentration gradient for next-generation lithium-ion batteries
- 박강준; 임병범; 최문호; 정훈기; 선양국; Marta Haro; Nuria Vicente; Juan Bisquert; Germ'a Garcia- Belmonte
- Issue Date
- Journal of materials chemistry. A, Materials for energy and sustainability
- VOL 3, 22183-22190
- To increase the reversible capacity of layered lithium nickel-cobalt-manganese oxide, a Li [Ni0.8Co0.06Mn0.14]O2 positive electrode with a two-sloped full concentration gradient (TSFCG) was successfully synthesized via co-precipitation. The TSFCG maximizes the Ni concentration in the particle core and the Mn concentration on the particle surface. The TSFCG Li[Ni0.8Co0.06Mn0.14]O2 positive electrode showed improved overall electrochemical properties (i.e., reversible capacity, cycle life, and rate capability) and thermal stability compared to a conventional positive electrode (CC) Li [Ni0.8Co0.06Mn0.14]O2 without a concentration gradient. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy showed that the high stability of the outer surface composition of Li[Ni0.64Co0.06Mn0.30]O2 is responsible for reduction in surface resistance and charge transfer resistance by decreasing the parasitic reaction with the electrolyte. These reduced resistances explain the superior rate capability of TSFCG positive electrodes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.