Synthesis and characterization of single-crystal Cu(In,Ga)Se2 nanowires: high Ga contents and growth behaviour
- Synthesis and characterization of single-crystal Cu(In,Ga)Se2 nanowires: high Ga contents and growth behaviour
- 이지영; 성원경; JH Kim; 조소혜; 박종구; 이광렬; 문명운; 양철웅
- CIGS; nanowire; solar cell; semiconductor
- Issue Date
- VOL 17, NO 26, 4950-4957
- Precise control over the defect density, a high Ga content, and uniform stoichiometry are critical for controlling the physical and optical properties of Cu(In,Ga)Se-2 (CIGS) nanowires (NWs). In this study, we investigated the synthesis of epitaxially grown, single-crystal CIGS NWs by a vapour-phase transport method using multiple sources of Ga2Se3, In2Se3, and Cu2Se as the precursors. No catalysts were employed, and r-cut Al2O3 substrates were used for the fabrication of the NWs. The synthesized CIGS NWs had a uniform composition along their length, and the NWs with the highest Ga/(In + Ga) content ratio (0.8) had a chalcopyrite structure. The bandgap energy of the CIGS NWs was higher than that of typical CIGS thin films grown by co-evaporation methods because of the high Ga content ratio. These single-crystal CIGS NWs offer an attractive platform for exploring various concepts related to hierarchical nanostructures and devices based on fully epitaxial semiconductor structures.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.