Design of a static balancer for constrained joint space
- Design of a static balancer for constrained joint space
- 조창현; 이우섭
- Static balancer; Gravity compensator; Constrained joint space; Slider-crank mechanism; Space mapping
- Issue Date
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology
- VOL 29, NO 11, 4783-4791
- We propose a design method for a gravity compensator using the space mapping method and joint constraints. The pose of a mechanism can be described with various joint angle sets (i.e., joint spaces). When constraints exist between joint angle sets, a gravity compensator for a mechanism can be derived from the gravity compensator of a base joint space using const raints. Thus, it is not necessary to recompute the whole design equation. A slider-crank mechanism was adopted as an example and various gravity compensators were obtained using the space mapping method. Investigations of various gravity compensators proved that their design equations can be derived from the base joint space by applying mapping relations between joint spaces (i.e., constraints). The results of simulations show that the obtained gravity compensators effectively counterbalance the gravitational force and the total potential energy is invariant for all poses.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.