A New Robotic Context-Based Object Recognition Algorithm for Humanoid Robots
- A New Robotic Context-Based Object Recognition Algorithm for Humanoid Robots
- 유주한; 김동환
- robotic context; object recognition; correspondence filtering; matching assessment; humanoid robot
- Issue Date
- IEEE-RAS International Conference on
Humanoid Robots (Humanoids)
- , 47-52
- This paper proposes a new object recognition algorithm using robotic context information for humanoid robots. For more robust object recognition for less textured objects, we combine shape-based interest points and local appearancebased descriptors computed in a neighborhood around each detected interest point. The combination is used as a basic feature for matching, and candidate feature correspondences are first computed based on the k-nearest neighbor algorithm.
Then, all possible pairs of features are considered in terms of geometric deformation. In order to deal with pairwise geometric relationship between features, the spectral matching algorithm
with pairwise constraints is applied. In the spectral matching process, a new robotic context-based correspondence filtering method is combined to obtain improved feature matching with less false correspondences. Finally, the RANSAC-based refinement is carried out to remove outliers. Also, we propose a new assessment method to obtain the final decision to accept or reject the matching results based on an affine distortion measure between model features and the matched image features. Experimental results show that the proposed object recognition algorithm can robustly identity less texture objects.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.