Effect of space layer doping on photoelectric conversion efficiency of InAs/GaAs quantum dot solar cells
- Effect of space layer doping on photoelectric conversion efficiency of InAs/GaAs quantum dot solar cells
- 이경수; 이동욱; 김은규; 최원준
- 양자점; quantum dot; 태양전지; solar cell; DLTS; 결함효과; defect effect
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 107, 203503-1-203503-4
- We report an effect of photoelectric conversion efficiency (PCE) by space layer doping in InAs/
GaAs quantum dot solar cells (QDSC) and d-doped QDSC grown by molecular beam epitaxy. The PCEs of QDSC and d-doped QDSC without anti-reflection coating were 10.8% and 4.3%, respectively. The QDSC had about four electrons per QD, and its ideality factor was temperatureindependent, which implies that recombination of electron-hole pairs is suppressed by strong potential barriers around charged dots. From the deep level transient spectroscopy measurements, four defect levels, including QD with the activation energy ranges from 0.08 eV to 0.50 eV below GaAs conduction band edge, appeared. Especially, the M1 defect (Ec-0.14 eV) was newly formed in d-doped QDSC and its density was higher than those of M3 (Ec-0.35 eV) and M4 (Ec-0.50 eV) levels in QDSC. These results suggest that the photo-carriers recombining at M1 defect might be responsible for the reduction of PCE in d-doped QDSC.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.