Electrochemical Characteristics of Pyrolytic Carbon Coated Silicon for Anode Materials of Lithium Ion Batteries
- Electrochemical Characteristics of Pyrolytic Carbon Coated Silicon for Anode Materials of Lithium Ion Batteries
- 김정섭; 변동진; 이화영; 이중기
- silicon; carbon; Anode; composite; electrochemistry
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 15, NO 10, 7087-7091
- Pyrolytic carbon coated silicon is prepared and employ it as an anode material for lithium secondary
batteries. The pyrolytic carbon coating of silicon with sucrose precursor not only provides a suitable
carbon matrix but also suppresses the breaking away of Si from the current collector during the
insertion and extraction of Li+. The increase of disordered carbon content leads to the increase
of discharge capacity retention. The improvements of cycle stability are attributed to a decrease in
the volume change of the silicon, good networking between Si particles, and good adhesion of the
current collector with the active material. The nano Si combined with the disordered carbon leads
to an increase of capacity retention and initial coulombic efficiency.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.