Characterization of polarization-independent phase modulation method for practical plug and play quantum cryptography
- Characterization of polarization-independent phase modulation method for practical plug and play quantum cryptography
- 권오성; 이민수; 우민기; 박병권; 김일영; 김용수; 한상욱; 문성욱
- QKD system; double phase modulation; single phase modulation
- Issue Date
- Laser physics
- VOL 25, NO 12, 1-5
- We characterized a polarization-independent phase modulation method, called double phase
modulation, for a practical plug and play quantum key distribution (QKD) system. Following
investigation of theoretical backgrounds, we applied the method to the practical QKD system
and characterized the performance through comparing single phase modulation (SPM)
and double phase modulation. Consequently, we obtained repeatable and accurate phase
modulation confirmed by high visibility single photon interference even for input signals with
arbitrary polarization. Further, the results show that only 80% of the bias voltage required in
the case of single phase modulation is needed to obtain the target amount of phase modulation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.