Colorimetric detection of phosphoric acid leaking for phosphoric acid-doped polybenzimidazole membrane fuel cells via molybdenum blue reaction
- Colorimetric detection of phosphoric acid leaking for phosphoric acid-doped polybenzimidazole membrane fuel cells via molybdenum blue reaction
- 정연훈; 정주해; Euiji Choi; Seungyoon Han; Alina Irene Begley; 유성종; 장종현; 김형준; 남석우; 이관영; 김진영
- Molybdenum blue method; Phosphoric acid leakage; Phosphoric acid-doped polybenzimidazole; membrane; High temperature proton exchange; membrane fuel cells
- Issue Date
- Journal of power sources
- VOL 299, 480-484
- A simple and precise colorimetric method for analyzing phosphoric acid leakage in phosphoric aciddoped polybenzimidazole membrane fuel cells is described. The developed method is based on the colorimetric determination from a rapid formation of molybdenum blue color by the reduction reaction of molybdate ions in the presence of phosphoric acid in the acidic medium. The color is stable up to a few months and can be used for the sensitive and accurate detection of phosphoric acid electrolyte which is discharged from the fuel cell during operation. Tests with a wide concentration range of phosphate compounds showed that it permits determination of phosphoric acid up to nanogram quantities. The developed detection method assists monitoring the phosphoric acid contents and developing stable operation strategies of fuel cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.