Unsteady flow simulations of Pelton turbine at different rotational speeds
- Unsteady flow simulations of Pelton turbine at different rotational speeds
- 최민석; 정영진; 신유환
- Pelton turbine; 펠턴 수차; desalination; 담수화; unsteady flow simulaiton; 비정상 유동해석; different rotational speeds; 회전속도 변화
- Issue Date
- Advances in Mechanical Engineering
- VOL 7, NO 11, 1-9
- This article presents numerical simulations of a small Pelton turbine suitable for desalination system. A commercial flow solver was adopted to resolve difficulties in the numerical simulation for Pelton turbine such as the relative motion of the turbine runner to the injector and two-phase flow of water and air. To decrease the numerical diffusion of the water jet, a new topology with only hexagonal mesh was suggested for the computational mesh around the complex geometry of a bucket. The predicted flow coefficient, net head coefficient, and overall efficiency showed a good agreement with
the experimental data. Based on the validation of the numerical results, the pattern of wet area on the bucket inner surface has been analyzed at different rotational speeds, and an attempt to find the connection between rotational speeds, torque, and efficiency has been made.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.