Comparison of optimization algorithms for modeling of Haldane-type growth kinetics during phenol and benzene degradation
- Comparison of optimization algorithms for modeling of Haldane-type growth kinetics during phenol and benzene degradation
- 강수연; 이상길; Dong-Ju Kim; 신재민; 김준석; 이순재; 최재우
- Modeling; Optimization; Kinetic parameters; Growth kinetics; Microbial growth; Phenol; Benzene
- Issue Date
- Biochemical engineering journal
- VOL 106, 118-124
- In this study, three optimization algorithms (discretized domain, Monte Carlo, steepest descent) were compared to determine the best algorithm for estimation of Haldane-type microbial growth kinetic parameters. Application of these algorithms to growth data measured during phenol and benzene degradation showed different results in the estimated parameters obtained under various boundary conditions and growth phases. Regardless of the specific algorithm used, the factor with the greatest influence on parameter estimation was the boundary condition for the half-saturation constant (KS), although the parameters were also sensitive to the growth phase for phenol. Among the three algorithms, Monte Carlo was found to be the best and most consistent. The estimated parameters of phenol and benzene using an appropriate boundary value of KS were comparable with the outputs reported in previous studies, but those derived with inappropriate boundary values were not consistent with previously reported data.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.