Mechanical Properties of Thiol-ene UV-Curable Thermoplastic Polysilsesquioxanes
- Mechanical Properties of Thiol-ene UV-Curable Thermoplastic Polysilsesquioxanes
- 알버트 이성수; 조영열; 전현열; Choi, Seung-Sock; 백경열; 황승상
- Polysilsesquioxanes; Thiol-ene chemistry; UV-curing
- Issue Date
- VOL 68, 140-146
- A series of thiol-ene UV-curable inorganic organic hybrid polysilsesquioxanes of various phenyl:methacryloxypropyl and phenyl:mercaptopropyl copolymer compositions were synthesized in one-batch using a base-catalyzed system. These thermoplastic photocurable ladder-like structured materials were examined as scratch-resistant, hard-coating materials on both glass and PET substrates. The unique fully condensed structure of the hybrid polymers allowed for simplified processing and through variation of the organic functional group, films with high transparency, tunable refractive indices in the range of 1.467-1.546, pencil hardness values of 9H, and high nanoindentation modulus were obtained (7 GPa). These scratch-resistant polysilsesquioxanes may provide insight into the different organic functional group compositions which allow for optimal mechanical properties
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.