Note: Design of a novel ultraprecision in-plane XYθ positioning stage
- Note: Design of a novel ultraprecision in-plane XYθ positioning stage
- 황동현; Lee, Moon G.; Jeong, Jaehwa
- Issue Date
- Review of scientific instruments
- VOL 82, NO 2
- This paper presents the design, fabrication, and experimental results of a novel ultraprecision in-plane XY theta positioning stage with kinematic decoupling between translational motion and rotational motion components. Two translational motions are guided by four cymbal mechanisms that have both motion guide and motion amplifier. Four leaf springs guide a rotational motion amplified by a Scott-Russell linkage mechanism. The proposed stage has advantages such as an in-plane symmetrical configuration as well as ease of design and control by serial kinematics. The experimental results demonstrate that the stage has a translational full motion range of 58 mu m and a rotational full motion range of 1.05 mrad. The crosstalk experimental results show good agreement with the theoretical prediction of the decoupling between translational motion and rotational motion.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.