Growth of AlN/GaN HEMT structure Using Indium-surfactant
- Growth of AlN/GaN HEMT structure Using Indium-surfactant
- Jeong-gil Kim; Chul Ho Won; Do Kywn Kim; Young Woo Jo; Jun Hyeok Lee; 김용태; Sorin Cristoloveanu; Jung Hee Lee
- HEMT; AlN/GaN; Indium surfactant; power; MOSFET
- Issue Date
- Journal of semiconductor technology and science
- VOL 15, NO 5
- We have grown AlN/GaN heterostructure which is a promising candidate for mm-wave
applications. For the growth of the high quality very thin AlN barrier, indium was introduced as a
surfactant at the growth temperature varied from 750 to 1070˚C, which results in improving electrical properties of two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG).The heterostructure with barrier thickness of 7 nm grown at of 800˚C exhibited best Hall measurement results; such as sheet resistance of 215 Ω/□, electron mobility of 1430 cm2/V·s, and two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG) density of 2.04 ｘ 1013 /cm2. The high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) was fabricated on the grown heterostructure. The device with gate length of 0.2 μm exhibited excellent DC and RF performances; such as maximum drain current of 937 mA/mm, maximum transconductance of 269 mS/mm, current gain cut-off frequency of 40 GHz, and maximum oscillation frequency of 80 GHz.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.