Polarization anisotropy of exciton in self-assembled elliptical InP/InGaP quantum dots
- Polarization anisotropy of exciton in self-assembled elliptical InP/InGaP quantum dots
- IH KIM; Takayuki Kiba; Akihiro Murayama; 송진동; Kwangseuk Kyhm
- InP; GaP; quantum dots; Time-resolved PL; Polarization dependence; Oscillator strength; Exciton
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics
- VOL 15, NO 6, 733-738
- Optical anisotropy of self-assembled elliptical InP quantum dots has been investigated in terms of the polarization dependence of excitons. Although large size inhomogeneity is present, two kinds of characteristic quantum dots, which are classified into large and small quantum dots, were found in terms of the polarization anisotropy. We have confirmed that the large quantum dots are more pronounced in the polarization anisotropy, where the degree of linear polarization for the large quantum dots is significantly larger (similar to 60%) than that for the small ones (similar to 36%). The effective shape of quantum dots is also estimated by using the size dependence of oscillator strength, which is in agreement with the AFM image. We also suggest that the anisotropy of exciton oscillator strength can be modified via the dipole edipole interaction between nearest exciton dipoles. (C) 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.