Investigation of in-situ doping profile for N+/P/N+ bidirectional switching device using Si1-xGex/Si/Si1-xGex structure
- Investigation of in-situ doping profile for N+/P/N+ bidirectional switching device using Si1-xGex/Si/Si1-xGex structure
- 노일표; Song, Yun Heub; 송진동
- N+/P/N+; bidirectional switchin; switching device; STT-MRAM; N plus PN; UHV-CVD; SiGe
- Issue Date
- IEICE Electronics Express
- VOL 12, NO 7, 1
- We present a novel junction device with bidirectional current flow for switching devices in a high density spin torque transfer magnetic random access memory (STT-MRAM). In this structure, an N+ type strained SiGe material is adopted as a conduction layer to generate higher electron mobility and a flatter doping profile. A SiGe/Si/SiGe heterojunction structure is also used to obtain a better I-on/I-off ratio due to a steeper junction profile. It is confirmed by 3D simulation that this structure provides higher current drivability and Ion/Ioff ratio. After the simulation, a junction device with N+ Si0.8Ge0.2/P Si/N+ Si0.8Ge0.2 and an area of 4 x 4 um(2) is fabricated and evaluated for bidirectional current flow. From the results obtained, we propose that this bidirectional switching device with a heterojunction structure is a promising candidate for a high density STT-MRAM.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.