Clarification of difference for transition between photoluminescence and cathode-luminescence based on GaMnN
- Clarification of difference for transition between photoluminescence and cathode-luminescence based on GaMnN
- J.W.Lee; Yoon Shon; N.G.Subramaniam; Y.H.Kwon; T.W.Kang; Hyunsik Im; H.S. Kim; C.S Park; E.K.Kim; 송진동; 구현철; D.J.Fu
- GaMnN; photoluminescence; cathode-luminescence
- Issue Date
- Journal of luminescence
- VOL 168, 288-292
- GaN:Mn epilayers were grown on Al2O3 substrate uisng molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) and were subsequently implanted with Mn+ ions (1% and 10%). Photoluminescence (PL) with 1% of Mn showed that optical transitions related to Mn revealed the donor-Mn pair (D, Mn) at 2.5 eV and the electron-Mn pair (e, Mn) around 3.1 eV, and yellow luminescence (YL) around 2.20-2.25 eV. Photoluminescence (PL) with 10% of Mn showed the same but enhanced optical transitions as above. However, the new transitions around 1.65 eV for the sample with 10% which did not appeared with Mn of 1% were very weakly produced. The results of cathode-luminescence (CL) with 10% of Mn showed transitions related to Mn in PL together with new transitions around 1.72 eV. However, the new transitions around 1.72 eV for the sample with 10% according to high accelerating voltage were very remarkably activated in contrast with PL transitions which appeared were very weakly produced in samples with Mn of 10%. Transitions around 1.72 eV in CL correspond to though around 1.65 eV in PL This result means that deep donor (probably, V-N) is detected with increasing accelerating voltage and Mn-V-N complex is formed. This is supported by strong electron beam sensitivity of the IR emission bands. It is well known that heavy Mn doping ( > similar to 10(19) C m(-3)) leads to a downshift of the Fermi level and promotes the formation of defect complexes of Mn-V-N. In our case, Mn doping concentration is > similar to 10(21) C m(-3). Therefore, it is conjectured that the CL transition around 1.72 eV corresponds to Mn-V-N complex. (C) 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.