In-line interferometer based on intermodal coupling of a multicore fiber
- In-line interferometer based on intermodal coupling of a multicore fiber
- 윤민석; 이상배; 한영근
- Fiber optics; fiber design & fabrication; fiber optic components; fiber optic sensor
- Issue Date
- Optics express
- VOL 23, NO 14, 18316-18322
- An in-line interferometer based on the intermodal coupling of a multicore fiber (MCF) is proposed and experimentally demonstrated. The in-line interferometer is fabricated by adiabatically tapering the MCF. The intermodal coupling of the in-line interferometer is strongly affected by the waist diameter of the MCF, which changes the evanescent field and the pitch size. The effect of the waist diameters of the MCF on the intermodal coupling in the in-line interferometer is theoretically and experimentally investigated. The transmission oscillations of the multiple core modes resulting from the intermodal coupling and interference substantially become stronger as the waist diameter decreases. The extinction ratio and the oscillation periodicity of the transmissions oscillations are changed by the waist diameter. (C) 2015 Optical Society of America
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.