Motion Influence Map for Unusual Human Activity Detection and Localization in Crowded Scene
- Motion Influence Map for Unusual Human Activity Detection and Localization in Crowded Scene
- 이동규; 석흥일; 박성기; 이성환
- humanbehavior anaysis; vision-based; Unusual activity; crowded scene
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on circuits and systems for video technology : a publication of the Circuits and Systems Society
- VOL 25, NO 10, 1612-1623
- In this paper, we propose a novel method for unusual human activity detection in crowded scenes. Specifically, rather than detecting or segmenting humans, we devised an efficient method, called a motion influence map, for representing human activities. The key feature of the proposed motion influence map is that it effectively reflects the motion characteristics of the movement speed, movement direction, and size of the objects or subjects and their interactions within a frame sequence. Using the proposed motion influence map, we further developed a general framework in which we can detect both global and local unusual activities. Furthermore, thanks to the representational power of the proposed motion influence map, we can localize unusual activities in a simple manner. In our experiments on three public datasets, we compared the performances of the proposed method with that of other state-of-the-art methods and showed that the proposed method outperforms these competing methods.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.