Synthesis of manganese oxide microparticles using supercritical water
- Synthesis of manganese oxide microparticles using supercritical water
- 김민수; 홍승아; 신내철; 채근화; 이홍식; 최선; 신유환
- Issue Date
- The Journal of supercritical fluids
- VOL 112, 114-118
- Manganese compounds of different oxidation states such as MnO2, MnCO3 Mn2O3, and a mixture of MnO + Mn3O4 were synthesized using supercritical water (SCW) and calcination process. The X-ray Diffraction (XRD) patterns confirmed that the use of glycerol as a reducing agent in SCW process was successful in preventing oxidation of manganese products. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) images of the manganese products showed micro-sized particles with different morphology depending on the product. The simple two step synthesis procedure described in this paper allows easy control of manganese oxidation states with direct applicability in large scale production on an industrial level.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.