NH3 adsorption on PtM(Fe.Co,Ni) surfaces: Cooperating effects of charge transfer, magnetic ordering and lattice strain
- NH3 adsorption on PtM(Fe.Co,Ni) surfaces: Cooperating effects of charge transfer, magnetic ordering and lattice strain
- Satadeep Bhattacharjee; 유성종; Umesh Waghmare; 이승철
- fuel cell; density functional theory; electronic structure; charge transfer; magnetic ordering; lattice strain
- Issue Date
- Chemical physics letters
- VOL 648, 166-169
- Adsorption of a molecule or group with an atom which is less electronegative than oxygen (O) and directly interacting with the surface is very relevant to development of PtM (M = 3d-transition metal) catalysts with high activity. Here, we present theoretical analysis of the adsorption of NH3 molecule (N being less electronegative than O) on (111) surfaces of PtM (Fe, Co, Ni) alloys using the first principles density functional approach. We find that, while NH3–Pt interaction is stronger than that of NH3 with the elemental M-surfaces, it is weaker than the strength of interaction of NH3 with M-site on the surface of PtM alloy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.