Miniaturized Measurement System of Effective Thermal Conductivity for Hydrogen Storage Materials
- Miniaturized Measurement System of Effective Thermal Conductivity for Hydrogen Storage Materials
- 이영효; 유찬석; 정휘준; 박미래; 심재혁; 조영환; 남기석; 임연호
- Hydrogen storage; MgH2; Thermal conductivity; Carbon nanotube; Expanded natural graphite; LaNi5
- Issue Date
- Science of Advanced Materials
- VOL 8, NO 1, 3-10
- A miniaturized measurement cell of effective thermal conductivity (k e) with volume of 15 ml was developed through numerical simulation-aided design. This system has a simplified configuration similar to a transient hotwire system, and is based on an absolute steady state method. Numerical simulation of heat transfer revealed that k e measurement up to 10 W/m K is possible. Various aspects of this system, such as gas pressure and different filling gas, were verified using LaNi5 as a reference material, indicating that this system can measure the k e of metal hydride beds with acceptable accuracy. This system was applied to measure the k e of pure and Pt-decorated multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs), MgH2 powder, and compressed MgH2 with heat transfer matrix. The measured values of k e agreed closely with the results reported in previous works.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.