Performance characteristics of louver dust collectors
- Performance characteristics of louver dust collectors
- 우상희; 김종범; 박통일; 육세진; 권순박; 배귀남
- dust collector; louver; particle collection efficiency; pressure drop; urban railway
- Issue Date
- Particle and aerosol research; 한국입자에어로졸학회지
- VOL 12, NO 1, 11-20
- A large amount of wear dust generated during train operation is a major dust source in urban railway tunnels. To check possibility of a louver dust collector for the removal of dust in the railway tunnel, five louver dust collector models were designed and their performance was tested in a wind tunnel. JIS Z 8901 Class 8 dust was used as a test dust. Pressure drop and particle collection efficiency were evaluated with the face velocity ranging from 1 m/s to 4 m/s. At this low velocity range, particle collection efficiency of the louver dust collector was found to be insensitive to air velocity and design parameters. Pressure drop was under 40 Pa, and PM10 and PM2.5 collection efficiencies were approximately 50% and 30%, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.