Panoscopic alloying of cobalt in CeO2-ZrO2 solid solutions for superior
- Panoscopic alloying of cobalt in CeO2-ZrO2 solid solutions for superior
- 송승학; 문주호; 김정훈; 홍종섭; 이종호; 이해원; 김병국; 김형철
- oxygen storage capaciy; panoscopic alloy powder; ceria-zirconia; oxygen evolution; structural irreversibility
- Issue Date
- Acta materialia
- VOL 113, 206-212
- Oxygen processes (reduction and evolution) play a central role in a variety of physical and chemical applications to meet the growing demands for energy and environmental protection. However, the discovery and optimization of such functional materials are great challenges because they are still hampered by material inherencies and thermodynamic limits. Here, we demonstrate the fabrication of a novel material structure via atomistic doping and nanoscale compositing, a panoscopic alloying powder (PAP) of cobalt in a CeO2–ZrO2 solid solution. This novel structure possesses superior oxygen-storage capacity (OSC) and improved structural stability because it retains the best features of both transition-metal oxides and ceria-based ceramics. According to the thermogravimetry and dilatometry measurements of a 10 mol% PAP sample, (Ce0.65Co0.10)Zr0.25O2−δ, at 800 °C under cyclic reduction–oxidation, an OSC of 2312 μmol-O g−1 was successfully obtained with negligible structural change and a linear strain of 1%.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.