A Kinetic Study on the De-Crosslinking and Decomposition of Silane-Cross-Linked Polyethylene in Supercritical Methanol
- A Kinetic Study on the De-Crosslinking and Decomposition of Silane-Cross-Linked Polyethylene in Supercritical Methanol
- 홍순만; 구종민; 백범기; 홍기영; 이홍식; 이윤우
- Issue Date
- Industrial & engineering chemistry research
- VOL 54, NO 48, 11961-11965
- For the first time, a kinetic study on the supercritical decrosslinking reaction of silane-crosslinked polyethylene (S-XLPE) in a continuous process was conducted. The decrosslinking reaction in a continuous process was corresponding to the first-order reaction model in which the reaction rate was linearly proportional to the gel content. The residual gel content exponentially decreased with reaction time. Reaction constant was observed exponentially related to the reaction temperature. The continuous decrosslinking reaction revealed kinetic constants of 1.355 +/- 0.103, 2.715 +/- 0.177, and 4.348 +/- 0.218 min(-1) at 360, 380 and 390 degrees C, respectively and activation energy of 132.36 kJ mol(-1). (C) 2016 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.