Heterogeneous nucleation and growth dynamics in the light-induced phase transition in vanadium dioxide
- Heterogeneous nucleation and growth dynamics in the light-induced phase transition in vanadium dioxide
- 서민아; Nathaniel F Brady; Kannatassen Appavoo; Joyeeta Nag; Rohit P Prasankumar; Richard F Haglund Jr; David J Hilton
- insulator-to-metal phase transitions; heterogeneous phase transitions; light-induced phase transitions
- Issue Date
- Journal of physics, Condensed matter : an Institute of Physics journal
- VOL 28, NO 12, 125603-1-125603-7
- We report on ultrafast optical investigations of the light-induced insulator-to-metal phase transition in vanadium dioxide with controlled disorder generated by substrate mismatch. These results reveal common dynamics of this optically-induced phase transition that are independent of this disorder. Above the fluence threshold for completing the transition to the rutile crystalline phase, we find a common time scale, independent of sample morphology, of 40.5±2 ps that is consistent with nucleation and growth dynamics of the R phase from the parent M1 ground state.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.