Gilbert damping in asymmetric MgO(Ta)/CoFeB/Ta(MgO) structures with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
- Gilbert damping in asymmetric MgO(Ta)/CoFeB/Ta(MgO) structures with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
- 민병철; 손정우; 송현석; 김지완; 신일재; 유천열; 신성철
- Spin dynamics; Gilbert damping; Spin pumping; CoFeB
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics
- VOL 16, NO 4, 481-485
- We investigate the ultrafast magnetization dynamics of perpendicularly magnetized MgO/CoFeB/Ta and Ta/CoFeB/MgO stack structures using an all-optical time-resolved magneto-optical Kerr measurement technique. We find that the effective Gilbert damping parameter αeff converges to a low value of ∼0.02 in the high external field regime, and it stays unchanged at ∼0.02 regardless of the pump fluence. Two asymmetric stack structures of CoFeB show identical dynamic behavior and Gilbert damping, implying that the influence of the under and top interfaces is not distinct.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.