Low-temperature sintering of Ba(Zr,Y)O3-based proton conducting oxides using BaO-CuO eutectic flux as sintering aid
- Low-temperature sintering of Ba(Zr,Y)O3-based proton conducting oxides using BaO-CuO eutectic flux as sintering aid
- 이해원; 김병국; 이종호; 손지원; 윤경중; 최성민; 안혁순; Mridula Biswas
- Sintering; Yttria-doped bariumzirconate; Flux; Electrolyte; Proton-conductingfuelcell
- Issue Date
- Ceramics international
- VOL 42, NO 8, 10476-10481
- The major barrier to the practical application of Ba(Zr,Y)O3 (BZY) as an electrolyte material for proton-conducting fuel cells (PCFCs) lies in its extremely inferior sintering characteristics. In this research, flux composed of 28 mol% BaO and 72 mol% CuO was employed as a novel sintering aid for BZY. Incorporation of nano-crystalline BaO– CuO flux, with a eutectic point of 890 °C, remarkably enhanced the sintering behavior of BZY due to the formation of a transient liquid phase, and a relative density of up to 97% of the theoretical density was obtained at 1300 °C with a short soaking time of 2 h.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.