Glancing angle deposited WO3 nanostructures for enhancedsensitivity and selectivity to NO2 in gas mixture
- Glancing angle deposited WO3 nanostructures for enhancedsensitivity and selectivity to NO2 in gas mixture
- 김진상; 이석; 강종윤; 이택진; 백승협; 김철기; 권범진; 한수덕; 문희규; 강민규; 정우석; 박형호
- Chemoresistive NO2 sensors; Tungsten oxide; Glancing angle deposition; Villi-like nanostructures; Nano-necks
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical
- VOL 229, 92-99
- We report the facile synthesis and the chemoresistive performances of villi-like WO3 nanostructures (VLWNs) which were fabricated by RF sputter with glancing angle deposition (GAD) mode. A fast deposition of GAD effectively forms self-assembled anisotropic nanostructures with high porosity and surface-to-volume ratio. The sensing tests were examined for NO2 detection in dry air and a mixture of reducing gases. As a result, these sensors at 200 °C exhibit an highly selective and sensitive NO2 detection down to 800 parts per trillion (ppt) level, and could also respond well to NO2 in the concentration range of 0.2– 1 parts per million (ppm) without the interference of gas mixture. These results show that the enhanced sensing properties to NO2 are attributed to the highly efficient surface modulation by double potential barriers at nano-necks of WO3 nanostructures.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.