Modification of magnetic anisotropy induced by swift heavy ion irradiation in cobalt ferrite thin films
- Modification of magnetic anisotropy induced by swift heavy ion irradiation in cobalt ferrite thin films
- 채근화; Razia Nongjai; Shakeel Khan; Hilal Ahmed; Imran Khan; S. Annapoorni; Sanjeev Gautam; Hong-Ji Lin; Fan-Hsiu Chang; K. Asokan
- Hysteresis; Magnetic anisotropy; Domain walls and domain structure
- Issue Date
- Journal of magnetism and magnetic materials
- VOL 394, 432-438
- The present study demonstrates the modification of magnetic anisotropy in cobalt ferrite (CoFe2O4) thin films induced by swift heavy ion irradiations of 200 MeV Ag-ion beams. The study reveals that both magnetizations and coercive field are sensitive to Ag-ions irradiation and to the fluences. The magnetic anisotropy enhanced at low fluence of Ag-ions due to domain wall pinning at defect sites created by ion bombardment and at high fluence, this magnetic anisotropy ceases and changes to isotropic behavior which is explained based on the significant structural and morphological changes. An X-ray absorption and x-ray magnetic circular dichroism studies confirms the inverse spinel structure of these compounds.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.