Robust and Flexible Polyurethane Composite Nanofi bers Incorporating Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Produced by Solution Blow Spinning
- Robust and Flexible Polyurethane Composite Nanofi bers Incorporating Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Produced by Solution Blow Spinning
- 정용채; 유재상; 하유미; 국은지; 임익태; 김연직
- CNT; mechanical properties; nanofibers; polyurethane; solution blow spinning
- Issue Date
- Macromolecular materials and engineering
- VOL 301, NO 4, 364-370
- Using a technique called solution blow spinning, polyurethane– carbon nanotube-based composite nanofi bers are fabricated. These composite nanofi bers exhibit uniform diameter, even with increasing polyurethane density, with the use of a dual-solvent mixture during spinning. It is possible to produce the fi bers at a high production rate even after the addition of a large amount of carbon nanotubes with a uniform size distribution of 300– 400 nm. In addition, for composites with 3 wt% carbon nanotubes, the tensile strength, elongation, and elastic strain energy increase to 102, 166, and 167%, respectively, compared to pure PU nanofi bers. The thermal stability improves as well. The prepared composite nanofi bers could potentially be used as an inter-reinforcing agent in carbon-fi ber-reinforced plastics and as a buffer, and in the biomedical field.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.