Entrapment of powdered drinking water treatment residues in calcium-alginate beads for fluoride removal from actual industrial wastewater
- Entrapment of powdered drinking water treatment residues in calcium-alginate beads for fluoride removal from actual industrial wastewater
- 안규홍; 정태운; 차우 민 다오; 정경원; 황민진; 김기팔
- Drinking water treatment residues; fluoride; calcium-alginate beads; industrial wastewater; fixed-bed column test
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 게재예정, 게재예정
- The present study describes the preparation of drinking water treatment residues (DWTRs) based adsorptive media (DREAM) by entrapping the powdered-DWTRs in calcium-alginate beads and their application to fluoride removal from actual industrial wastewater. In order to evaluate the fluoride adsorption capability and mechanisms of DREAM, the adsorption equilibrium isotherm, kinetics, and effect of solution pH on fluoride removal by DREAM were evaluated. The batch and fixed-bed column adsorption tests confirmed that DREAM had high selectivity for adsorbing fluoride from actual industrial wastewater, which contained other co-existing anions (e.g., nitrate, chloride, and sulfate).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.