- Magnetic propertiesofepitaxialFe/MgOstructuresonSi(100)
- 김형준; 조정홍; 신은정; 임상호
- Epitaxial thin films; magnetic anisotropy; Fe/MgO/Si(100) system; Si spintronics
- Issue Date
- Journal of magnetism and magnetic materials
- VOL 421, 440-447
- The magnetic properties of epitaxial Fe/MgO structures on Si(100) substrates are investigated over an Fe thickness range of 2– 20 nm. Superparamagnetic behavior is observed at an Fe thickness of 2 nm, indicating that no continuous Fe thin film is formed. At Fe thicknesses of 5 nm and higher, a continuous two-dimensional layered structure is formed, which has a dominant epitaxial relationship of Fe(100)//MgOView the MathML source[011¯ ] (100)//SiView the MathML source[011¯ ](100) and a minor portion of Fe(100)//MgO(100)//SiView the MathML source[011¯ ](100). This structural feature is echoed by a four-fold magnetic anisotropy in the film plane, and this tendency increases with increasing Fe thickness. The strength of the first-order cubic magnetocrystalline anisotropy, which can only be extracted from the structures, is in the range of 3.87×105– 4.04×105 erg/cm3, weaker than that of bulk Fe (4.8×105 erg/cm3).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.