Magnetic skyrmion in hard magnet
- Magnetic skyrmion in hard magnet
- 장혜정; 정주영; 이용우; 정윤희; Jeehoon Kim
- skyrmions; Lorentz TEM; hard magnet; field cooling
- Issue Date
- Magnetic skyrmions with nontrivial topological spin configuration manifesting ultrahigh-efficiency manipulation current are of prime interest in modern magnetic device technology.
Here we report an entirely new class of skyrmions in hard magnet using Lorentz TEM. In contrast to previously reported skyrmions, the new type of skyrmion and its variant appear only via field-cool procedure due to a high thermomagnetic irreversibility and show a high level of phase robustness. Futhermore, we also find and manipulate room-temperature skyrmionic bubble using in-situ heating and biasing TEM holder.
The discovery and manipulation of skyrmions and skyrmionic bubbles in a rare earth material not only offers a new design principle for suited skyrmions via a control of the dual nature of f electrons, but also lifts a major hurdle for device applications arising from the narrow window of existing skyrmion materials.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.