Static yield stress of a magnetorheological fluid containing Pickering emulsion polymerized Fe2O3/polystyrene composite particles
- Static yield stress of a magnetorheological fluid containing Pickering emulsion polymerized Fe2O3/polystyrene composite particles
- 곽순종; 서용석; 서영욱; 최형진
- MR fluid activity; Static yield stress; Seo-Seo model
- Issue Date
- Journal of colloid and interface science
- VOL 463-278
- The flow behaviors of magnetorheological (MR) suspensions containing Pickering emulsion polymerized Fe2O3/polystyrene (PS) composite particles were reanalyzed using the Seo-Seo model. The experimental shear stress data obtained experimentally from the magnetorheological fluid fit well to the Seo-Seo model, indicating that this model can describe the structural reformation process of the aligned fibers at various shear rates. Unlike the dynamic yield stress obtained from the Cho-Choi-Jhon (CCJ) model, the static yield stresses obtained from the Seo-Seo model exhibit the same quadratic dependence on the magnetic field strength for both pure Fe2O3 particle suspension and Fe2O3/PS particle suspensions, which is in agreement with the predictions of the polarization model. The static yield stress plausibly explains the difference in underlying mechanism of MR fluids. (C) 2015 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.