Mixotrophic cultivation of Nephroselmis sp. using industrial wastewater for enhanced microalgal biomass production
- Mixotrophic cultivation of Nephroselmis sp. using industrial wastewater for enhanced microalgal biomass production
- 최재영; 황병수; 윤현식; 지민규; Akhil N. Kabrac; Byong-Hun Jeonc
- Nephroselmis sp.; Industrial wastewater; Mixotrophic culture; Biofuel feedstocka
- Issue Date
- Ecological engineering
- VOL 95-533
- Effect of liquid crystal display (LCD) wastewater on the biomass production and biochemical composition of a green microalga Nephroselmis sp. cultivated in Bold's Basal Medium (BBM) was investigated. Different dilutions (1/250-1/10,000) of LCD wastewater with BBM were tested in the presence of 5% flue gas CO2. Nephroselmis sp. showed the highest growth (0.37 g L-1), lipid productivity (14.2 mg L-1 day(-1)), carbohydrate productivity (12.5 mg L-1 day(-1)), beta-carotene + lutein productivity (74.2 mu g L-1 day(-1)) and nutrientremoval (35.0 mg TN L-1 and 11.6 mg TP L-1) with 1/1000 diluted LCD wastewater after 6 days of cultivation. Cultivation with LCD wastewater increased the microalgal saturated and monounsaturatedfatty acid contents up to 9 and 24%, respectively. Application of LCD wastewater improved the growth, lipid/carbohydrate/carotenoids productivity and nutrient removal efficiency of Nephroselmis sp., which can be a cost effective strategy for microalgal biomass production. (C) 2016 Published by Elsevier B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.