Enhanced photoluminescence due to Bi3+ ! Eu3+ energy transfer and re-precipitation of RE doped homogeneous sized Y2O3 nanophosphors
- Enhanced photoluminescence due to Bi3+ ! Eu3+ energy transfer and re-precipitation of RE doped homogeneous sized Y2O3 nanophosphors
- 박종구; 이승용; 조소혜; 투 둥 티 딘; 소반 칸; 아비짓 자다브; 박성욱; 오주현; 문병기; 장기원; 이성수; 김정환; 정정현
- phosphor; quantum cutting; nanoparticle; Bi; energy transfer
- Issue Date
- Materials research bulletin
- VOL 83-192
- Precipitation and re-precipitation of metal ions has been carried out from original and supernatant solution producing Bi3+ - Eu3+ doped Y2O3:Eu3+ and Eu3+/Tb3+ doped Y2O3, respectively. Shorter reaction time is unable to consume all metal ions present in the solution which can be utilized through re precipitation process. The doping of Bi3+ - Eu3+ in Y2O3 helps to absorb maximum UV light. The activation of Y2O3 matrix by Bi3+ and Eu3+ ions, together and separately, were studied considering the excitation energy transfer to the luminescence centers. The successful replacement of Y3+ by RE3+ ions can help for fine tuning of emission wavelength. Re-precipitation of supernatant solution by adding terbium precursor can successively produce uniform sized Tb3+ doped Y2O3:Eu3+. The re-precipitation of the supernatant solution ensures maximum consumption of metal ions for higher product yield and possible fine tuning of emission wavelengths. (C) 2016 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.