Novel MWCNT interconnected NiCo2O4 aerogels prepared by a supercritical CO2 drying method for ethanol electrooxidation in alkaline media
- Novel MWCNT interconnected NiCo2O4 aerogels prepared by a supercritical CO2 drying method for ethanol electrooxidation in alkaline media
- 양철민; Santhana Sivabalan Jayaseelan; 고태훈; S. Radhakrishnan; 김학용; 김병석
- Nickel cobaltite; Aerogels; Electro-oxidation; Ethanol oxidation; Fuel cell
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 41, NO 31-13512
- The design and development of an economic and highly active non-precious electrocatalyst for ethanol electro-oxidation is challenging due to expensiveness of the precursors as well as processes and non-Eco friendliness. In this study, a novel preparation of mesoporous NiCo2O4-MWCNT nanocomposite aerogels based on sol gel technique is proposed. Multiwall carbon nanotube (MWCNT)-supported NiCo2O4 nanocomposite aerogels as an efficient catalyst for the ethanol electro-oxidation is reported. The MWCNTs exhibit an interconnected fibrous network with uniform dispersion of NiCo2O4 nanoparticles. The effects of MWCNT concentration on the ethanol electro-oxidation of MWCNT/NiCo2O4 aerogels are studied. We found that using a proper loading of MWCNTs allowed us to reach higher current densities for the oxidation of ethanol in an alkaline media. The highly porous and fibrous MWCNT/NiCo2O4 aerogels are the promising electro-catalysts for the oxidation of a direct ethanol fuel cell. (C) 2016 Hydrogen Energy Publications LLC. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.