Hybrid quantum optomechanics with a quantum-dot single photon source
- Hybrid quantum optomechanics with a quantum-dot single photon source
- 송진동; 여인아; Hye Jung Kim; Kyung Soo Yi
- Hybrid quantum optomechanics; quantum-dot; single photon source
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 94, 165422
- We investigate the strain-mediated control of individual single quantum dots (QDs) embedded in a multi-degree- of-freedom optomechanical resonator. The mechanical eigenfrequencies and their mode degeneracy of resonator are tailored in the MHz regime for a geometrical aspect ratio of conventional wire resonator. The stress-induced modification in the QD exciton dynamics is evaluated at the multitude of mechanical resonances including the genuine cases of mode degeneracy. We show that the multi-degree-of-freedom stress fields allow an individual control of QD emission energies with a rate of up to several meV/nm. Such an optomechanical tuning technique can pave the way for entangling distant QDs for quantum information processing or potentially generating a superradiant light pulse.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.