Rapid thermal annealing induced modification in structural and electronic structure properties of Ti0.95Co0.05O2d thin films
- Rapid thermal annealing induced modification in structural and electronic structure properties of Ti0.95Co0.05O2d thin films
- 채근화; E.C. Rodrigues; S.K. Sharma; A.S. de Menezes; S. Gautam; Rezq Naji Aljawf; Shalendra Kumar
- Electronic material; Semiconductors; Laser deposition; XANES; Electronic structure
- Issue Date
- Materials research bulletin
- VOL 83-541
- Thin film of Ti0.95Co0.05O2-δ was deposited on Si (100) using PLD method and annealed in O2 and N2 environment. Raman spectra confirm that all the films have rutile structure. Surface morphology indicates that the surface roughness and grain size increase with annealing. The electronic structure studied by NEXAFS spectroscopy at O K, Ti L3,2 and Co L3,2-edges revealed that peak intensities decrease significantly for the film annealed N2 environment. The ligand-field splitting estimated from the energy difference between the t2g and eg features in O K-edge spectra were 2.71 eV for as-deposited and O2 annealed film, whereas reduced more than double (⿼ 1.32 eV) for the film annealed in N2. Atomic multiplet calculations and experimentally observed NEXAFS spectra at Co L3,2-edge and Ti L3,2-edge confirm that Co present in 2+ and Ti in +4 valence state, whereas the multiplet structures of O2 annealed film looks similar to Co metal.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.