Highly biocompatible amphiphilic perylenediimide derivative for bioimaging
- Highly biocompatible amphiphilic perylenediimide derivative for bioimaging
- 김세훈; 박진경; 김란희; Prem Prabhakaran; 이광섭
- Issue Date
- Optical Materials Express
- VOL 6, NO 5-1428
- We report the synthesis and biological studies of a fluorescence dye with an oligoethylene glycol substituted (OEG) perylene centered dye N, N'-(2,6-diisopropylphenyl)-1-[oligo(ethylene glycol) methyl ether]1,6,7,12- trichloroperylene-3,4: 9,10-tetracarboxdiimide (PDI-OEG). The activity of the dye is juxtaposed with a precursor molecule without the OEG substitution. The OEG substitution contributes to the increased biocompatibility of PDI-OEG. Cell viability studies lead to the survival of more than 80% of the PDI-OEG cultured cells endorsing its biocompatibility. Fluorescence imaging studies were carried out using multiple cell lines. Ex-vivo studies involving nude mice were used to establish liver and lung specific organ targeting of PDI-OEG. This fluorophore is an excellent example of a stable and biocompatible red emitting small molecule for bioimaging. (C) 2016 Optical Society of America
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.