Countermeasure against blinding attacks on low-noise detectors with a background-noise-cancellation scheme
- Countermeasure against blinding attacks on low-noise detectors with a background-noise-cancellation scheme
- 문성욱; 한상욱; 김용수; 박창훈; 이민수; 박병권; 우민기
- QKD; APS; Quantum hacking; Low noise; Background noise
- Issue Date
- Physical review. A
- VOL 94, NO 6-062321-10
- We developed a countermeasure against blinding attacks on low-noise detectors with a background-noisecancellation scheme in quantum key distribution (QKD) systems. Background-noise cancellation includes selfdifferencing and balanced avalanche photon diode (APD) schemes and is considered a promising solution for low-noise APDs, which are critical components in high-performance QKD systems. However, its vulnerability to blinding attacks has been recently reported. In this work, we propose a countermeasure that prevents this potential security loophole from being used in detector blinding attacks. An experimental QKD setup is implemented and various tests are conducted to verify the feasibility and performance of the proposed method. The obtained measurement results showthat the proposed scheme successfully detects occurring blinding-attack-based hacking attempts.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.