New potent biaryl sulfate-based hepatitis C virus inhibitors
- New potent biaryl sulfate-based hepatitis C virus inhibitors
- 금교창; 유영수; 김희선; 배일학; 이승기; 지민혁; 장승기; 김병문
- HCV; NS5A inhibitor; Biaryl sulfate; Structure-activity relationship
- Issue Date
- European journal of medicinal chemistry
- VOL 125-100
- The discovery of a new series of potent hepatitis C virus (HCV) NS5A inhibitors containing biaryl sulfone or sulfate cores is reported. Structure-activity relationship (SAR) studies on inhibitors containing various substitution patterns of the sulfate or sulfone core structure established that m-,m′- substituted biaryl sulfate core-based inhibitors containing an amide moiety (compound 20) or an imidazole moiety (compound 24) showed extremely high potency. Compound 20 demonstrated double-digit pM potencies against both genotype 1b (GT-1b) and 2a (GT-2a). Compound 24 also exhibited double-digit pM potencies against GT-1b and sub nM potencies against GT-2a. Furthermore, compounds 20 and 24 exhibited no cardiotoxicity in an hERG ligand binding assay and showed acceptable plasma stability and no mutagenic potential in the Ames test. In addition, these compounds showed distinctive additive effects in combination treatment with the NS5B targeting drug sofosbuvir (Sovaldi？). The results of this study showed that the compounds 20 and 24 could be effective HCV inhibitors.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.