Synthesis and Characterization of Colorless Polyimides Derived from 4-(4-Aminophenoxy)-2,6-dimethylaniline
- Synthesis and Characterization of Colorless Polyimides Derived from 4-(4-Aminophenoxy)-2,6-dimethylaniline
- 구본철; 유남호; 고문주; 여현욱; 봉세화; 봉필훈; 김유영; 박병남
- polyimide; films; birefringence; dimethyl groups; refractive index; polymer optics
- Issue Date
- Macromolecular research
- VOL 24, NO 12-1097
- A new aromatic polyimides (PIs) having asymmetric aromatic diamine with methyl groups at the ortho position of amino group has been developed to prepare transparent film in the visible region. The all aromatic PIs presented here are derived from 4-(4-aminophenoxy)-2,6-dimethylaniline (APDMA) and aromatic dianhydride, 4,4'-(hexafluoroisopropylidene)diphthalic anhydride (6FDA), 4,4'-oxydiphthalic anhydride (ODPA), 4,4'-biphthalic anhydride (BPDA), and pyromellitic dianhydride (PMDA) via a two-step polycondensation. All PIs show good thermal properties: 5% weight loss at a temperature range of 510-529 °C and their glass transition temperature found above 290 °C. The PIs exhibit good optical transparency, such as cut-off wavelength in the region of 296-358 nm and above 92-99% at 550 nm. In addition, all PIs show low refractive indices in the range of 1.567-1.637 at wavelength of 637 nm and low birefringence.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.