Enhancement in spin-torque efficiency by nonuniform spin current generated within a tapered nanopillar spin valve
- Enhancement in spin-torque efficiency by nonuniform spin current generated within a tapered nanopillar spin valve
- 이억재; O. Ozatay; A. G. F. Garcia; D. C. Ralph; R. A. Buhrman; P. M. Braganca
- spin torque; spin torque switching
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 77, NO 14-144423-22
- We examine the effect that a spatially nonuniform spin current with a component polarized partially out of the plane has on a low saturation magnetization nanomagnet free layer. Micromagnetic simulations indicate that the spin-torque efficiency acting upon the reversing nanomagnet can be enhanced through this process, resulting in faster switching with smaller currents. In doing so, we determine that micromagnetic structure within the nanomagnets can be beneficial for reversal processes. We experimentally verify this enhancement in devices with a tapered nanopillar geometry that generates a spin current polarized partially out of plane.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.