Enhanced electrocatalytic activity via phase transitions in strongly correlated SrRuO3 thin films
- Enhanced electrocatalytic activity via phase transitions in strongly correlated SrRuO3 thin films
- 최택집; 김성웅; 최우석; 이수연; 이상아; 오석재; 황재열; 최민석; 윤철민; 김지웅; 장서형; 우성민; 배종성; 박성균; 김영민
- Issue Date
- Energy & environmental science
- VOL 10, NO 4-930
- Transition metal oxides have been extensively studied and utilized as efficient catalysts. However, the strongly correlated behavior which often results in intriguing emergent phenomena in these materials has been mostly overlooked in understanding the electrochemical activities. Here, we demonstrate a close correlation between the phase transitions and oxygen evolution reaction (OER) in a strongly correlated SrRuO3. By systematically introducing Ru‐ O vacancies into the single‐ crystalline SrRuO3 epitaxial thin films, we induced phase transition in crystalline symmetry which resulted in corresponding modification in the electronic structure. The modified electronic structure significantly affect the electrochemical activities, so a 30% decrease in the overpotential for the OER activity was achieved. Our study suggests that a substantial enhancement in the OER activity can be realized even within single material systems, by rational design and engineering of their crystal and electronic structures.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.