Transparent high-performance SiOxNy/SiOx barrier films for organic photovoltaic cells with high durability
- Transparent high-performance SiOxNy/SiOx barrier films for organic photovoltaic cells with high durability
- 최원국; 황도경; 이윤재; 임근용; 임주원; 진창규; 김성룡; 최병일; 김태환; 김동하
- barrier film; organic photovoltaics
- Issue Date
- Nano energy
- VOL 33-20
- The science and technology of organic electronics have made consistent progress. However, the long-term stability of organic devices is a critical issue that remains to be resolved. Encapsulation is a straightforward and practical means to protect organic materials from oxygen or moisture and thus improve air stability. Here, we report a high-performance flexible inorganic SiNx/SiOxNy hybrid barrier film for application in organic solar cells (OSCs). This hybrid barrier film shows average transmittance of 85.5% and a water-vapor transmission rate of 7.1×10– 5 g m− 2 day− 1. In OSCs comprising poly[4,8-bis[(2-ethylhexyl)oxy]benzo[1,2-b:4,5-bA]dithiophene-2,6-diyl][3-fluoro-2-[(2-ethylhexyl)carbonyl] thieno[3,4-b]-thiophenediyl] (PTB7) and [6,6]-phenyl-C70-butyric acid methyl ester (PC70BM), which were encapsulated by the SiNx/SiOxNy hybrid barrier film, the power-conversion efficiency remained above 86% of the initial value even after 2000 h of storage in air, which is comparable to that obtained for a device encapsulated by a glass lid.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.