Catalytic dehydrofluorination of 1,1,1,2,3-pentafluoropropane (HFC-245eb) to 2,3,3,3-tetrafluoropropene (HFO-1234yf) using in-situ fluorinated chromium oxyfluoride catalyst
- Catalytic dehydrofluorination of 1,1,1,2,3-pentafluoropropane (HFC-245eb) to 2,3,3,3-tetrafluoropropene (HFO-1234yf) using in-situ fluorinated chromium oxyfluoride catalyst
- 이상득; 안병성; 서동진; 김홍곤; 이현주; 최재욱; 김창수; 하정명; 임서연; Minsoo Kim; Kwang Ho Song
- Dehydrofluorination; HFC-245eb; HFO-1234yf; Chromium oxyfluoride; Catalyst
- Issue Date
- Catalysis today
- VOL 293-294-48
- As part of an effort to prepare a refrigerant with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and with a low global warming potential (GWP), the catalytic dehydrofluorination of 1,1,1,2,3-tetrafluoropropane (HFC-245eb) is performed to produce 2,3,3,3-tetrafluoropropene (HFO-1234yf). Cr2O3 prepared by the sol-gel method (Cr2O3(SG)) exhibits good catalytic activity attributable to the formation of surface chromium oxyfluoride, which exhibits better catalytic activity with high-valent chromium and a larger fluorine content. The formation of chromium oxyfluoride from chromium oxide is achieved by in-situ fluorination in the early stage of dehydrofluorination, avoiding the conventional fluorination method using toxic HF.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.