A highly sensitive carbapenemase assay using laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry based on a parylene-matrix chip
- A highly sensitive carbapenemase assay using laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry based on a parylene-matrix chip
- 강민정; 박종민; 김조일; 노주윤; 김미라; 변재철
- Carbapenem; Antibiotic-susceptibility test; Laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry; MALDI-TOF MS; Parylene-matrix chip
- Issue Date
- Enzyme and microbial technology
- VOL 104-68
- A quantitative carbapenemase assay was developed using laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry (LDIMS) based on a parylene-matrix chip. As a first step, the reproducibility (spot-to-spot, shot-to-shot, and day-today) of LDI-MS based on a parylene-matrix chip and the quantification ranges for four carbapenem antibiotics (doripenem, ertapenem, imipenem, and meropenem) were determined. A carbapenem-susceptibility test was performed using the four carbapenems and 51 bacterial strains that displayed (1) carbapenem resistance with carbapenemase, (2) carbapenem resistance without carbapenemase, or (3) carbapenem susceptibility. The susceptibility test results showed that LDI-MS based on a parylene-matrix chip was more sensitive and selective for detecting the carbapenemase reaction than conventional MALDI-TOF MS based on a 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid matrix.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.